Research Resources and Books about Anne Arundel County
Community Heritage Societies
- A Low, Dirty Place - The Parole Camps of Annapolis, Maryland by R. Rebecca Morris
- Arnold, Maryland and Neighbors on the Broadneck by Alberta Stornetta
- Anne Arundel County, MD Marriage Licenses, 1865-1888 by Jerry Hynson
- Before BWI Friendship: From Forest & Field to Flight by Isabel Shipley Cunningham
- Book of Baltimore's Polish Churches by Anthony J. Monczewski Jr.
- The Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties, Maryland: A genealogical and biographical review from wills, deed, and church records by Joshua Dorsey Warfield. Published in 1905.
- Free African-Americans of Maryland: 1832 (includes AA county) by Jerry Hynson
- Gazetteer of the State of MD by Richard Swainson Fisher. Published in 1852. Anne Arundel County, pp 49-51.
- In the 8th District: Our African-American Church Communities in Southern Anne Arundel County, Maryland by Elinor Thompson
- Joyful in The Lord, A History of Wesley Grove Camp Meeting by Isabel Shipley Cunningham
- Lady Ann's Recipes published by The Ann Arrundell Historical Society
- Linthicum Vignettes, Vol. 7 by Oscar Skip Booth
- Maryland Freedom Papers: Vol. 1, Anne Arundel County by Jerry Hynson
- My River Speaks: History of the Magothy River by Marianne Taylor
- Naval Warrior, The Life of Commodore Isaac Mayo by Byron A. Lee
- Strawberries, Peas & Beans - Truck Farming in Anne Arundel County by Willard R. Mumford
- The Train Passes Through It by Beth Nowell and Skip Booth
- Voyages into Airy Regions - History of Aviation in Maryland by John F.R. Scott, Jr.