Anne Arundel County Cemeteries
Welcome to our cemetery pages. Due in large part to the efforts of Tina Simmons, our Cemetery Committee Chair, AAGS has collected information on more than 500 cemeteries and burial sites throughout Anne Arundel County. Over the next several months, our goal is to add information about them to the Cemetery Records page. We currently have information for 260 cemeteries online. We first focused on the large cemeteries in the county, and have now started to work on the small, family cemeteries. Stop back often to check our progress.
When possible, we plan to include:
- Address and phone number of public cemeteries
- Notes and items of interest
- A map showing the location
- General site photos
- Links to websites with information about the cemetery
- Links to websites like Find A Grave listing burials
Use our Cemetery Tipline:
Do you know of any small burial sites in the woods, fields, or even in a neighbor's backyard? We have compiled information on an impressive
number of burial sites in Anne Arundel County, but we're always looking
for more. We will provide assurances of privacy and no trespassing if
needed. If you have information to contribute, contact Tina.
As you look through our Cemetery Records, keep the following in mind:
- Locations on private property or not encouraging or permitting visits are clearly listed.
- Cemeteries are named in the following order: published cemetery name(s), most common surnames at site, nearby street names, and “unknown”.
- Cemeteries with multiple names are listed by their most well-known name.
- ADC Map Book locations refer to map books published prior to 2010 when the format changed.
We have also published several books and downloads about Anne Arundel County cemeteries and burials, including Cedar Hill and Mount Calvary Cemeteries, and African American and Slave Cemeteries. We also offer both book and downloads of Anne Arundel Cemetery Sites. All of our publications are available in our Store.
Search all Anne Arundel County Cemeteries on Find A Grave