Membership in the Anne Arundel Genealogical Society provides access to genealogical resources for Anne Arundel County research and helps you make the connections that will help you advance your family history research. For questions about memberships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Entitles You To
- Access to Anne Arundel Readings Online, and electronic delivery of AAGS Speaks, our quarterly eNewsletter
- Free attendance at our monthly meetings, and to handouts in the Members Only section of this website
- Free atteendance at meetings of the AAGS DNA Special Interest Group
- Advance notice of programs and events
- Free use of the Historical and Genealogical Research Center at the Kuethe Library
- A discount on AAGS publications and merchandise
- Ability to submit information on families you are researching for listing in AAGS Speaks and online
As an AAGS member, you may also benefit from our membership in the National Genealogical Society (NGS). Membership benefits will be posted here as they are announced.
Membership Categories and Dues
The Anne Arundel Genealogical Society offers three categories of membership - individual, family, and lifetime:
- Individual membership - $25/year
- Family membership - $30/year
- Lifetime membership - $500 one time payment
All members who provide an email address will receive our quarterly eNewsletter by email. Current and past issues are also posted in the Members Only section of our website. Please make sure we have your correct email address. If you have questions about the newsletter, or are not receiving it, contact us at email@example.com. Thank you for your continued support.
Join AAGS - New Membership - New Procedure!
We recently changed the procedure we use for new memberships. Instructions are available here if you would like to review them before you click below.
Go to the Online Join page and fill in the required information to join AAGS. You may pay online by PayPal or credit card, or mail a check to:
Anne Arundel Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 1553
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Renew Your AAGS Membership - New Procedure!
Memberships can be renewed on your Profile page. When you log in to our website, if your membership is due to expire within the next 30 days, or if your membership has expired, but is still within the 45 day grace period, you will see a message directing you to your Profile page to renew. You can find your Profile page under "Members Only" in the menu on the left of our webste. Click the "Renew Membership" button on your Profile page, fill in the required information, and make your payment. Online renewals are automatically updated. If you pay by check, we will update our database as soon as we receive it. Instructions for the new renewal procedure are available here.
Note: The "Renew Membership" button will only appear on your profile page if you are within 30 days of your renewal date, or within the 45 day grace period after your renewal date. If you are beyond the 45 day grace period, if you try to log in to the website you will not gain access, but will be directed to a page where you can renew your membership.