Tombstone dates unknown
Single stone with the following information:
“Burial Ground of the Brewer family. This land consists of 1549 acres granted to John Brewer, his heirs and Assigns Nov. 16, 1667 by Cecelius Calvert, Second Lord Baltimore.”
The stone appears to be a more recent style of lettering than is usually found on stones from that time period. There is no indication as to who placed it there.
Larkington Cove was formerly known as Brewer’s Cove.
The 0.0756 acre cemetery is shown on Anne Arundel County Circuit Court (Land Records) plat WGL 3223, 1979, MSA CE 59-3567 and is mentioned in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court (Land Records) JHH 365 p. 280, 1946, MSA CE 59-709. In that deed the cemetery is recorded as a rectangular lot 52 ft. by 63 ft. known as Brewer’s Cemetery, and is perpetually reserved as a cemetery in the deed from Mary F. Collinson to Edward Collinson.
Published in Anne Arundel’s Legacy by Donna M. Ware, copyright 1990, p. 170 and
in Directory of Maryland Burial Grounds the Genealogical Council of Maryland, 1996, p. 5.